- Have employees complete a job analysis questionnaire.
- Interview employees, asking them specific questions about their job duties and responsibilities.
- Obtain log sheets from employees with information about each of their tasks and the time spent on each task for at least one full work week.
- Complete desk audits where you observe employees doing their jobs at different times of the day and days of the week and track what they do and for how long.
- Interview supervisors and managers, and other employees, clients and customers the employee may interact with while performing the job.
- Compare the job to other jobs in the department as well as the job grade or job family to show where it falls on the pay scale.
If there is more than one person doing the lapp occupation, make surely to observe and obtain feedback and information from more than one person. You will want to review your findings with the employees who do the job deoxyadenosine monophosphate well as their supervisors and managers to tweak your findings until you have an accurate expression of the job duties and responsibilities.
Xem thêm: Why Is a Resume Important?
once an accurate overview of a side is developed, employers should update the job description to match the results of the caper analysis. Job descriptions can be used as a instrument for recruit, determining wage ranges and levels or grades, establishing job titles, creating employee ‘s caper goals and objectives, and conducting performance reviews. They can besides be used for career plan, creating reasonable accommodations and converge legal requirements for submission purposes. Because of this, it is authoritative to have written job descriptions that accurately reflect the employees ‘ current job duties and responsibilities .